Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Genea-Bloggers Games


I think the Genea-bloggers Games are exactly what I need. A fun reminder to do some genealogy that I always seem to put off until tomorrow - with tomorrow never arriving, of course.



Each Games participant was asked to create a flag for the Opening Ceremonies using the tool on http://www.wearemulticolored.com/ . The tool allows a combination of 3 country flags, so I chose the United States, France and Romania. France and Romania are where my grandmothers were born so my flag is in honor of them. I choose to mesh the elements of each flag to represent how the these different cultures have come together in my family.

There are five different events to compete in, but I'll pick just the ones where I think I have the best chance to be successful.

Here are the events and my choices:

1) Go Back and Cite Your Sources! Ack! no. Alas, this is something I wish I had done a better of job of when starting my family tree, but repairing this oversight in 2 weeks doesn't seem possible.

2) Back Up Your Data! Yes, with hurricane season here, this is where I can best use my time.


3) Organize Your Research! Someday, but not this week.


4) Write! Write! Write! Someday, but not this week.


5) Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness -Yes, another good place for me to compete.

Thanks to Miriam Midkiff, footnoteMaven and Thomas MacEntee for taking the time to put this together. It sounds like fun.

No comments: