Monday, June 25, 2007

Tagged as a Thinking Blog




Randy Seaver of Genea Musings has just tagged the Ancestor Search blog as a Thinking Blog and I must say I’m flattered. He likes the Google related articles he finds here, so I think it is actually the smart people at Google who keep him thinking and not me.

My task now is to select more bloggers who make me think (without duplicating blogs that have already been chosen), so here are my choices:

The 48th Pennsylvania Veteran Volunteer Infantry - An On-Line Journal Dedicated to the 48th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment of the Civil War. John David Hoptak, Park Ranger at the Antietam National Battlefield, writes about the Civil War regiment of my ancestors. He makes me think about what life must have been like for those soldiers/miners best known for their digging of the Petersburg Mine in June-July 1864 before the Battle of the Crater.

Paul Allen, the Lesser - Paul Allen, one of the original founders of Ancestry.com although no longer with the company, writes about the future of the Internet and makes me think about what the web could be in time.

OliveTree Genealogy Blog - Lorine McGinnis Schulze publishes news about passenger lists and passengers list recreations which makes me think about all those who immigrated to the U.S. , their sacrifices and their difficulties.

24/7 Family History Circle - The Family History Circle Blog is published by Ancestry.com, but it isn't just about Ancestry. It is chock full of useful genealogy ideas, tips, and research help written by the pros. It certainly makes me think about all the things I still need to do as I work on my family tree.


Here are the rules to be followed:
  • If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to blogs that make you think, tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!
  • The origin of the meme, is at The Thinking Blogger.
  • Display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Thanks, Randy, for choosing Ancestor Search as one of your five thinking blogs.

No comments: